Sunday, October 21, 2007

PS1 Show Opening

So I went to PS1 today for the opening. It's strange because all the rooms are changed at the same time so there is so much to see. You're not allowed to take photos unless you're with the press, I sneakily took these.

Stuffed bear covered in yellow bird feathers, it was like an homage to big bird from sesame street.


This was my favourite piece of the entire show. Balloons and crates. One balloon is still in the process of being inflated, you could smell the latex of the balloons and feel the tension between the crates and the ballooon, where they gonna pop????



I also liked this piece a lot, it was just some blown glass. They're pretty simple shapes, but they were beautiful by the window, catching and reflecting the light. Simple is best.



Welded knives, there were about 20 of these, a field of welded flower knives. I just liked them because i kept thinking that i could do that in my welding class (i won't though).

No comments: